Wednesday, November 29, 2006

M&S to Launch Bridalwear Collection Spring 2007

M&S Wedding Dresses

There are more and more high street stores offering wedding dresses these days and now Marks & Spencer has joined that ever increasing list!

M&S has announced that it will be launching its bridalwear collection next spring, via selected stores.

The collection will just four dresses to start with, all ankle length and the prices will range from £120 - £150. The collection will be made from fabrics of chiffon, overlaid lace and crepes in white and vintage cream, is described by M&S as "young and fun in attitude", they go on to say that it is "great value, but also good quality and individual design."

Bridal Lingerie

Already famous for its Knickers, M&S has a bridal lingerie collection namely Truly You bridal. The collection will also include bridesmaids dresses and Grooms formal wear.

M&S is already a popular high street store for their bridal gift list service and they already offer a wedding cakes and flowers too so this really will finish off the whole Wedding service.

I for one will be interested to see what the quality of the dresses are like and of course just how "young and fun" their designs really are. I think that having such a limited number of wedding dresses within the collection may be an issue for them and for brides though obviously if it becomes popular this will undoubtedly grow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm - No - I would not be too keen on buying a dress from Marks & Sparks - give me the glitz and glamour of a posh frock shop anyday!

Anonymous said...

cant wait to see it!!!

Anonymous said...

I have just seen a couple of them on "This Morning". Very nice but widely available.
I would want my dress to be special and not worn by hundreds of people. But at least you could return it with ease after the event! haha.

Anonymous said...

I'll be straight down to M&S to check them out. I love the idea in theory - I'm only having a very small wedding and want to look nice without spending a fortune.. my only hope before I heard about this was to check out ball gowns and maybe not get married in white. That said, I barely ever fit into anything in M&S - they seem to make clothes quite roomy ;-)

Anonymous said...

I've seen a mixture of the dresses. The styles advertised on the online M&S shop are horrible however the few I've seen in magazines such as Grazia are fab. I really want to try some on.........
If anyone can advise how to get early viewing please write to say how!